Inspired by the many Bad QB Fantasy leagues that came before us. Notably Grantland – RIP.
Poor QB Weekly Results
|1||Glow – 118 pts behind Fitz’s 182 yds, 3 Int, 1 fumble, no TD game|
|2||Chevy – 21 pts on Darnold’s 179 yd game|
|3||Chevy – riding the Danold train – 102 pts|
|4||Rhoby – 70 pts on Danny Dimes’ dismal 190 yds, 0 TD, 1 INT, & 2 sacks|
|5||Jano – 95 pts on Wentz’s 2 INTs & 5 sacks and Haskins’ mid-week benching|
|6||Glow – 126 pts (season high at the time) in a win for the Broncos|
|7||Chevy – 180 pts (by far the season high) on Darnold’s absolute dumpster fire of a Week 7 game|
Chevy – I was torn between starting Nick Foles and Sam Darnold this week I’m glad I stuck to my guns and went with the miserable Jets. 120 yards, 0 Touchdowns, and 2 interceptions later and I’m fist pumping. That’s a collective 150 but let’s factor in these 6 sacks the Bills accomplished. That’s 180 points this week thanks to Mr. Darnold and his terrible ways. Last week the league topped a new weekly high. This week we’re at it again and this time the new weekly high is on my side! Chalk-up that W for me!
Glow – Man! I thought for sure Week 7 would be a victory for Team Glow! 71 points based on Drew Lock’s 199 yd, 1 INT, 1 fumble, 2 sack, 0 TD game. Add in 30 points for Fitzmagic’s bye week benching and I was looking at 101 total points. That’s good enough to win most weeks! Alas, it was not to be as Sam Darnold put up the Poor QB League equivalent of Wilt the Stilt’s 100 point NBA game. There is always next week though. I’ll be sticking with Drew Lock until I see what sort of NFL debut Tua has. He’s a rookie but he is TUA. I’ll never be able to start him in this league if he performs anything like fellow rookie QB’s Joe Burrow and Justin Herbert. I’m not super optimistic for his Poor QB League chances.
Rhoby – Daniel Jones made his first start in Philadelphia last Thursday and had some shining moments! I am very grateful rushing yards don’t count for the QBs in this league. Jones’ 80-yard run (that ended in a way that rivals myself stumbling out of bars at last call) was the longest run by a QB since Marcus Mariota’s 87-yard TD run back in 2015. However, in true Poor QB fashion, DJ showed up for me when it mattered most, fumbling the ball and thus, sealing a close win for the Eagles.
STAT LINE: 28-47 301 yds 1 TD 1 INT 1 fumble 4 sacks – 43 pts
Jano – I figured I wouldn’t fair too well this week considering both of my QBs were facing off against other NFC East teams and it turns out the same thing is happening in Week 8 with them flip flopping match ups. Dallas is so bad they made Kyle Allen look like Peyton Manning out there. He was only sacked twice, had 0 turnovers, and posted an impressive 111 passer rating. I’ll be rolling with Washington again in week 8 as they face off against the Giants. What’s my other option here? Start Carson Wentz against the Cowboys who are cutting players left and right? No thanks. Expect Carson to put up MVP type numbers this week.
Poor QB Concept
NFL passing records are dropping like flies these days. The new-ish rules have allowed quarterbacks to flourish like never before. Oh, what’s that? Mahomes throws for 60 TDs this year? Does Lamar Jackson run for 1500 yards? Did Drew Brees pass for 5500 yards? Big Whoop. Here is the revival of a 2020 twist, the Fantasy Football League where a bad quarterback is a good thing.
The Baseline Times believes that there is too much emphasis placed on the top tier quarterback play. Instead, we think that all quarterback play should be taken into consideration. Maybe the quarterback profession should even be taken down a peg or two. While standard fantasy football is fun, we’ll show you what a Bad Quarterback League can do with some friendly staff competition.
Thus, we have tried to encapsulate what it truly means to be a bad NFL QB (which is still no small feat). We will now play fantasy football with this data for our own amusement. Of course, things like poor on-field play are taken into account: turnovers, lack of production, even getting benched, etc. But the art of bad NFL quarterback play includes so much more than that. It includes things like: being a locker room cancer, undermining your coaches, alienating your teammates, making terrible off-field decisions, and embarrassing your team. So, provisions have been made for such off-field bad quarterbacking as well. See the rules below and follow along with your own league!
- Draft two NFL teams using a snake-style draft. You draft the entire quarterback room for each team, not just the starter or an individual QB.
- Each week, choose one team to start. Only this starting team will score on-field points.
- Every QB on your roster is eligible for off-field points. That means whether or not you started a team or if the third-string QB goes on a bender you still get points for their off-field activities.
- No head to head match-ups in this fantasy league. The total high score wins each week.
- Interception: 20 points
- Fumble: 10 points
- Sack: 5 points
- No passing/rushing TDs in a game (by QBs on the roster): 30 points
- Benched/replaced during a game (not due to injury): 50 points
- Passing yards below 200: 1 point for each yard (i.e. 180 yards = 20 points).
- 3 TDs (passing or rushing): -10 points
- 4 TD’s (passing or rushing): -20 points
- 5 TD’s (passing or rushing): -30 points
- Passing yards in excess of 300: -1 point for each yard (i.e. 320 yards = -20 points)
- Official “vote of confidence” from the coach: 10 points
- Mid-week quarterback change (not-due to injury): 30 points
- Whining about his coaching, defense, linemen, or receivers: 10 points
- Teammate/coach calls him out: 10 points
- Violation of normal team rules: 10 points
- Practice/locker room fight: (verbal): 10 points (physical): 20 points
- An altercation on sidelines goes viral: 30 points
- Detained/questioned by police (non-protest/civil rights related): 20 points
- Arrested (non-protest/civil rights related): 100 points
- Anatomical pic goes viral: 100 points
- Goes viral for dirty laundry getting called out (due to his own actions): 100 points
- Suspended: 50 points per game
- Violates the quarantine/COVID protocol: 50 points
- Apologizes during interview/on social media: 20 points
- Official apology press conference: 100 points
Baseline Times Poor QB Draft:
|Team||Pick 1||Pick 1 Starter||Pick 2||Pick 2 Starter|